Osteopathy is a natural medicine and science that treats the whole person.
The goal of treatment is to relieve pain, improve mobility and restore health and vitality.
A treatment plan is formulated by understanding the relationship between the structure of the body and how well it functions, and knowing the connections between all the tissues, fluids, organs and systems of the body.
Osteopathic practitioners study for years to develop very sensitive palpation skills. Many gentle tests and techniques are used to find and treat the root causes of dysfunction and not just chase the symptoms.
Conditions that can benefit from treatment are:
- Spinal pain: back and neck pain
- Headaches: migraine and tension
- Soft tissue injuries: sprains, strains, tendonitis
- TMJ/ jaw problems, clenching, clicking, orthodontia
- Joint dysfunction: hip, knee, shoulder etc.
- Nerve pain – sciatica, tingling, and numbness
- Difficult digestion, acid reflux, constipation
- Painful periods, ovulation, pelvic pain and bladder issues
- Pregnancy discomfort, labour preparation, post-natal care
- Children: unsettled babies, colic, recurrent ear infections
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit, credit
A receipt with registration number will be provided for insurance or tax purposes.